- Meet Dr. Forster
Dr. Cameron Forster, Owner and Founder (DTCM, R.Ac, Herbalist)
- Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture and Herbology, completed June 2010.
- Studied in the Faculty of Medicine and Kinesiology Programs at the University of Calgary while on scholarship for playing on the Dino Men’s Varsity Volleyball team, 2004-2006.
- Transferred credits from Lethbridge College (formerly Lethbridge Community College) from the General Studies and Nursing Programs while also on a Volleyball Scholarship playing for the Kodiak Men’s Varsity Team, 2002-2004.
- Graduated from Lethbridge Collegiate Institute High School, 2002 second runner-up to Valedictorian with a cumulative GPA of 90.2% - awarded one of 3 Provincial Scholarships of $2500 for completing both the English (Honors) Written and Multiple Choice Provincial Exams with 100% score in both.
- Total Number of years studying medicine (Nursing, Allopathic, Chinese): 9.
- Doctorate in Traditional Chinese Medicine (DTCM), Registered Acupuncturist (R.Ac), Master Herbalist from the Alberta College of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACATCM) in Calgary – 2010.
- Honorary Degree from the Zhejiang Medical University of Hangzhou following a 4-month practicum – 2009.
Honors and Awards
- Provincial Scholarship of Alberta in English, 2002 (awarded to one of 3 students province-wide for excellence on the Provincial Exam in English Honors.)
- Jimmy Condon Academic Athletic Scholarships, 2002-2006 (awarded to athletes who maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 with a minimum of 4 classes per semester and are full-time athletes.)
- Dino Men’s Academic Athletic Scholarship, 2004-2006 (awarded to athletes in the Dino Men’s Programs who maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 with the aforementioned course requirements.)
- Free Masons Academic Achievement Scholarship, 2007 (awarded to students with a family member currently or previously in the Masonic Order of Canada who have shown excellence in the ‘pursuit of Noble Professions.’)
After working in a multidisciplinary alternative health care center for 4 years after graduating with my Doctorate in Traditional it was time to take the proverbial “leap of faith” and pursue my lifelong dream of transforming healthcare in Calgary by combining some of the worlds' most powerful forms of medicine – as such, The Samadhi Tree was born in September of 2014. I am incredibly grateful for my time and experience both in education and in practice over the last 13 years and take great pride in being able to provide accurate diagnoses’, treatment courses, specific diet, herbal and supplement plans, energy work and lifestyle/Spiritual counseling for those I have, and will continue to treat for many years to come. I'm just as proud of the team of therapists that have to come together under the Samadhi umbrella since opening our doors and can't wait to share with you all that is possible in health and wellness!